Why you should eat a weed burger

(sea)weed of course
1. Because the seaweed burger is vegetarian-, vegan-, kosher- and halal friendly. Also NON-GMO too!
2. The star ingredient of the seaweed burger is seaweed obviously and also very earth friendly. They say that seaweed is the vegetable of the future because it reduces lots of the impact that the meat and dairy industry causes. Growing seaweed minimize the use of land and thousands of water. Acccording to scientists, the worldwide need for proteins could be all fixed by seaweed cultivation on an area of three times the size of Portugal!
3. Seaweed (or algae) were pretty much the first living thing 1.260.000.000 BC ago that create oxygen to make living on planet earth possible. It`s been consumed by people thousands years ago.
4. Seaweed is incredible. Seaweed is super healthy! Seaweed is a source of vitamines, minerals, omega 3-6-9 and guess what it. It has the same protein level as meat! Seaweed is the perfect meat replacement.
5. And what better way to turn this meat replacer into a burger: a seaweed burger! One of the first pioneers of these seaweed burgers was created in Holland also known as the Dutch Seaweed Burger. The seaweed produces comes straight out of our Dutch waters, along with chlorella microalgea for the beautiful green color in the burger bun and soy, for the extra protein kick.

Grab one at STOOM which is honestly my favorite local organic based restaurant, but wait! There`s more what STOOM serves.
Check some of it down below.
Source: http://dutchweedburger.com/
@STOOM restaurant 
My second time actually.
Read my first timer at STOOM right here:
» LINK
Was only missing the yellow zucchini strings like the first time in the burger but oh boy it is still such a yummy delicious and satisfying burger! Happy chomp it!
Hey dessert
Here me and A. shared a chocolate lava cake with organic vanilla ice cream and cream. As you can see this dessert plate looks scrumptious! Too bad the lava didn`t really oozes out when I sliced the cake in half, in fact the cake was pretty set. Unfortunate. The taste overall was ok lah.
Luring my meatlovers
And my third time at STOOM.
Another day with girlfriends and a mum! My friend`s mum didn`t tried out the seaweed burger unfortunate but went for the regular beefy meaty organic hamburger which looks pretty good and juicy too. And hello yellow zucchini strings! I have missed you.

My friends were hesitating about this green looking danger but decided to be adventurous and went down with this danger. My friends survived and were surprised too! They liked the seaweed burger a lot!
Well done all!
Udon noodles & falafel. What?
Since it`s already my third time at STOOM I have decided to not choose the seaweed burger, how tempting it was, but went for their other dish called udon & falafel. Udon noodles are thick Japanese noodles which I adore and falafel are Middle-Eastern bites made out of chickpeas which I also adore. But to have them both together in one plate? Hmm I don`t know but curiosity in me made me and I was ready to find out this fushion dish. Again the look of this plate looks beautiful and the taste itself was surprisingely good! How total different ingredients can work super well together.

Therefor I highly recommend this 100% vegetarian dish as well along with the seaweed burger.
ADDRESS: Kanaalweg 24 Middelburg - THE NETHERLANDS

FOOD: ••••· 4,⁵/5
INTERIOR: ••· 2,⁵/5
SERVICE: •••• 4/5
PRICE: •••• 4/5

Comments

  1. omg when you said "weed burger" I thought you meant marijuana, but now I see you mean seaweed hahah. The lava cake looks so good! Shame it wasn't very lava-y though T_T -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to find one of these! My parents would probably think it was gross at first but definitely worth a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God. Yes.

    A halal burger, that looks the coolest! I'd love to try it out one day, maybe when I visit the Netherlands in November! Fingers crossed <3

    with love, Bash   |   HEY BASH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so worried by the title! STOOM looks sooo good. Also the burger looks a bit like the one in spongebob haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds incredible!!! I've tried a sushi burger which involved seaweed, but not an actual seaweed burger. Hoping it makes it's way to London as I'd love to try one! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only tried a vegan burger once because we rarely have vegetarian places from where I live--and whenever we do, it's hella expensive. All the food in this post looks so good though! And they're so colorful! I love seeing/eating colorful food hahaha

    xo, Lou | Caffeine Rush

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls